Zebra Fun Facts
- A zebra lives in Africa.
- No two zebras will have the same stripes.
- A zebra can run up to 40 miles per hour.
- A herd of zebras is known as a zeal or dazzle.
- The common zebra can weigh up to 770 pounds.
- A zebra’s skin is actually black under the white ‘coat’.
- The Grevy’s zebra is the largest zebra, standing about 5 feet
- When a zebra and a horse mate, a horse is produced.
- Zebras are herbivores and almost feed exclusively on grass.
- A theory as to why zebras have stripes is it helps camouflage them from predators in tall grass.
This wild, horse-like animal lives in large herds across Southern and East Africa. Zebras can travel long distances to search for water and food. Did you know that a group of zebra’s is called a “dazzle?” Also, Zebras are black animals with white stripes.
Discover new preschool activities and crafts. Check out our Zebra themed activities, crafts and worksheets for kids. We have the best, free online printables for kids
Zebra Activities for Kids!