One Book Sold = One Book Given
Buying a book means giving a book, and making a meaningful difference in the life of a child.
Did you know……….
- 90% of a child’s brain develops by age 5. Early experiences affect the development of brain architecture, which provides the foundation for all future learning.
- 61% of low income families have no children’s books in the home. These kids are at a serious disadvantage because 75% of students, who are poor readers in third grade, remain poor readers for life.
- 1 in 4 American children grow up without learning to read.
93 million Americans have basic or below-basic literacy skills.
We want to change this……………..
The Benefits of Reading:
- 1. Reading to young children sets them up to succeed.
- 2. Reading develops language skills.
- 3. Reading enhances your child’s concentration.
- 4. Reading together encourages a thirst for knowledge.
- 5. Reading different types of books teaches various topics.
- 6. Reading develops a child’s curiosity and imagination.
- 7. Reading books with children develops empathy
“Reading can take you to imaginary lands, foster an understanding of different cultures and let you live lives you couldn’t in the real world.”