My kids, like many children, constantly crave motion and an outlet for getting the wiggles out of their energetic little bodies. I like to incorporate physical activities and imaginative play in our time together frequently.
Physical activities play a vital role in the quality life, well-being and health of people and it is especially important for small kids. Additionally, early inculcated habits lasts a lifetime. Children of the age 5 to 11 accumulates at least an hour of moderate intensity daily physical activity. It’s even better to have more.
You can help the kids become active by following the below tips:
- Encourage walking
- Get them skateboards, kids bike or ask them to run rather than a ride
- Let them walk the pet with you
- Have them carry the groceries
- Replace the TV set and computer with something active
- Encourage them to dance on their favourite music
- Take them to the park or playground
- Encourage them to join the school sports team
- Reduce screen time
Even in the after school time period they need to be active because every step counts!
- An opportunity to socialize
- Increased concentration
- Strengthens muscles and bones
- Improved fitness
- Good academic scores
- Better growth and development
- Better balance and posture
- Reduced stress Enhanced self-esteem