When you learn about dinosaurs, there are certain words that you should know. They are used a lot and can be a little confusing. Here are some of those words:
- CARNIVORE or CARNIVOROUS means that the dinosaur ate meat. The Tyrannosaurus Rex is an example of a carnivore.
- HERBIVORE or HERBIVOROUS means that the dinosaur ate plants. The Apatosaurus is an example of an herbivore.
- BIPED or BIPEDAL means that the dinosaur walked on two feet. The Velociraptor is an example of a biped.
- QUADRUPED or QUADRUPEDAL means that the dinosaur walked on four feet. The Triceratops is an example of a quadruped.
- PALEONTOLOGISTS study the fossils of dinosaurs and prehistoric plants.
- FOSSILS are the remains of prehistoric plants and animals that are found in the ground or pressed into rocks. Dinosaur skeletons are fossils.
- EXTINCT means no longer living. All of the dinosaurs are extinct. There are no living dinosaurs left on Earth.
In addition to our dinosaur activity book, we offer funny dinosaur worksheets:
CIRCLE BIGGEST NUMBER